The Revelations of Asher: Toward Supreme Love in Self is an endarkened, feminist, new literacies event. It critically and creatively explores Black women’s t/Terror in love. With poetry, prose and analytic memos, Dr. Staples shows how a group of ten  Black women’s talk and writings about relationships revealed revelations, after 9/11. These revelations are voiced and storied dynamically by the women’s seven  fragmentedselves. Through the selves, we learn the five  ways the women lived as lovers: Main Chick, Side Chick, Bonnie, Bitch, and Victim. As an alternative-response to these toxic identities in love, Dr. Staples presents a new way. She introduces the Supreme Lover Identity and illuminates its integral connection to social and emotional justice for and through Black women’s wisdom.
THIS BOOK IS A GAME CHANGER.
It’s unlike any book you’ve ever read. Guaranteed.
- It is full, thick, and deep. It’s about 500 pages long, it’s encyclopedic! It’s been called a “magnum opus” and a “guide to Supreme Love.” It is an innovative, exciting reference tool. It will serve as a companion guide in your understanding of Supreme Love and what it means to cultivate a Supreme Lover Identity beyond a toxic, t/Terrorized lover identity (Main Chick, Side Chick, Bonnie, Bitch, and Victim). Be prepared for the immersion!
- It is academic. It contains background information about the landmark research study Dr. Staples designed as a precedent to the book. So, parts of the book read like a dissertation. Be prepared for the challenge!
- It is prose. Other parts of it read like a novel. It is filled with thick, rich stories that will take you on an adventure. These parts of the book
will provide a bigger picture of how Asher (the primary fragmented self speaking in the book) understands t/Terror as a local and global problem. Be prepared for the entertainment!
- It is poetic. It contains poetry (written in the voices of fragmented selves) that will incite and move you. Be prepared for the adventure!
- The Revelations is musical. This book has a soundtrack!!! Type the web links you find on various pages into your browser and listen to some of the songs the fragmented selves contribute to the Spectrum of Personhood. Be prepared for the movement!
- The Revelations of Asher is literary mash-up. The analysis, prose, poems, music, even the footnotes in this book are incredible…all of this content
comes together to help you understand how each of the fragmented selves speaks…what each self sounds like, what each self says, and how these selves use their voices to tell stories. You’ll learn what happens when these fragmented selves, when t/Terrorized, construct the lover identities so many women operate from today. Be prepared for the dierence!
- The Revelations of Asher is a call to action. Dr. Staples does not stop there though. After the mountains and valleys of learning you’ll do when reading this book, Dr. Staples will explain why a Supreme Lover Identity is what you need to heal and properly order the fragmented selves. She’ll also lay the foundation you need to understand to begin to build a Supreme Lover Identity. Be prepared for the transformation.